Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My roof!

Yay! My roof is finally fixed. Nothing serious mind you, just a few missing shingles is all. I bought the shingles a week ago, borrowed the ladder on Sunday, and started this morning with setting up the ladder with Jaydens help. It took us probably 10 - 15 min. to figure it out, by the time we figured it out and got it set up against the house, Rod had come home. I got about 3 shingles and started up the ladder slowly when Rod came out and told me to get my butt down that he would do it. So I let him. I climbed up after him, but once I got to the top of the ladder I should have climbed back down but nooo I climbed right on up there and almost got sick to my stomach, I am a chicken that is afraid of heights. The boys decided to climb the ladder and Rod helped them up on the roof, scared the $#!+ out me even more. Next thing I knew there was Sadie at the top of the ladder which of course almost gave me a heart attack from fear. Rod brought her up for a moment, got the boys down then helped Sadie back down. Me of course was left on my own to get down. So I need to say THANK YOU Rod for doing the shingles, that I found out that I would have never made it up the ladder with the shingles in hand or been able to actually put them on. Thankyou.
This is a view from my roof.

No comments: